|We’re a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
Do you thrive in environments where no two days are the same and you are partnering with different teams to achieve goals? As a Show Services Coordinator with our Freeman team, you will work closely with account executives in the overall coordination of meeting rooms and/or exhibits for shows. You will also be supervising labor crews and assisting with the planning and organization of delivery, setup and dismantle of equipment at show site. Other contributions include:
- Must have proficient knowledge of sound equipment, multi-media equipment, video equipment and lighting equipment
- Must have a general knowledge of electrical and rigging requirements for all basic audio visual equipment
- Advise on technical aspects of equipment
- Participates in the planning and implementation of operational activities for assigned events
- Attends pre-con meetings and assists with site surveys as needed to ensure proper planning
- Responsible for the pulling and loading of equipment to and from show site
- Works directly with Inventory Control to ensure complete equipment coverage on shows
- Supervises and coordinates labor on show site to ensure that necessary activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Oversees the installation and tracking of equipment on shows to their assigned areas.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate equipment counts on show site
- Serves as customer service liaison to the client when the account executive is not available on show site
- Ensure that company safety guidelines are followed and implemented on show site
- When not assigned to a show, assists with other projects as necessary
- Minimum five (5) + years of related experience
- Must have a general knowledge of the convention, tradeshow and hotel industry
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status. Freeman will consider, for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Associate's Degree
- CTS Certificate
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English) * (Español) * Employee Polygraph Protection Act
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act * Pay Transparency Policy