|As a Social Engagement Manager, Digital Marketing you will be a driving force in developing and executing core brand strategies in the social space. The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep digital experience at the agency and/or client side with a demonstrated 'data-driven' focus.
The position requires experience managing external agencies, production teams, and partner studios through strategy, design, and execution. In addition to leading overall Social Media strategy and execution for their franchise, this person will also directly oversee our 1:1 Social marketing strategies, initiatives and content programs as they partner with the broader digital team. This position is the conduit between brand management, studios, agencies and most importantly our community/fans. The person in this role will have a thought leadership position inside the building as it relates to our core community and approach to social engagement. This role is a contract role employed by an external agency, but working onsite at Activision.
- Lead social media strategy, development and execution for all Call of Duty title launches across various social platforms including, but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Manage all 1:1 social engagement strategy, content creation and analytics reporting with multiple agency partners.
- Drive execution intelligence, insights and delivery through the use of key social, analytic and CMS packages including Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular. Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach and to drive KPI's across platforms and campaigns.
- Oversee the global 1:1 social engagement plan driving clear decision-making and key stakeholder alignment with business unit, studios and senior management.
- Maintain and enforce all elements of ESRB, Legal and Privacy requirements for all online and digital marketing campaigns and websites.
- Provide support to the international digital marketing team as needed including social content management and guidance.
- Work effectively with internal cross functional teams including Brand Marketing, HR, IT, PR and Sales
- 7+ years experience in social media - agency (or client-side equivalent) as a Social Strategist or Digital Marketer, including experience designing and supporting complex social campaigns, events as well as developing go to market strategies.
- Passion for gaming, music, advertising and all things tech.
- Excellent verbal, organizational, programming language and technology skills
- Experience working with 3 rd Party agencies/partners
- Budget management experience necessary
- Appetite for all things digital, and social -- up on the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement.
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs.
- Working knowledge of social platforms and associated analytics programs and tools like – Comscore, Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular, Facebook and Instagram native analytics tools, etc.
- Must be effective in communicating (both written and verbal) with technical development team members, as well as non-technical resources, including management and brand marketing
- Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Bachelor degree, Communications, Marketing or Design Degree Preferred
- Graduate degree a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty ® , Skylanders ® , and Destiny ®.