Via Licensing Corporation is a global intellectual property solutions provider dedicated to enabling innovation in partnership with technology companies, entertainment companies and universities around the world. Via develops and manages licensing programs on behalf of highly innovative companies in markets such as audio, wireless, broadcast, and automotive. Via is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dolby Laboratories, Inc., a company with more than 50 years of experience in innovation and technology licensing.
Position is part-time, 25 to 30 hours / week, and can be increased to 40 hours/week as needed. Possible Full time employment post internship.
Via Licensing is looking for a Legal Operations Administrator intern. The intern filling this position will handle a wide range of important duties relating to the Patent Licensing lifecycle and Contracts Administration. Legal Operations Administrator Intern will also gain significant experience of modern legal and IP services technologies, such as Salesforce.com, Apttus CLM (Contracts Lifecycle Management), DocuSign digital signature process management, and gain Patent knowledge.
- Process patent license agreement requests from licensing sales team. Maintain related records in the system.
- Perform data entry and maintenance duties for agreement processes.
- Coordinate patent evaluation with outside law firm, and perform data entry for the patents in the patent system.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to Legal team members as needed. Examples include document scanning, filing, mailings, performing revisions to legal documents as instructed, and producing materials for meetings.
- Strong Excel, MS Word skillset is required
- Current college undergraduate pursuing a degree in business, computer science, accounting, finance, or economics is preferred
- Work experience related to business operations, or accounting/finance a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.