|Weber Shandwick is an award-winning creative agency of writers, designers, producers, strategists, conversation-starters, storytellers. We create content for the world's biggest global brands.
We’re looking for a FREELANCE Creative Director who is a highly conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, and a storyteller who will help us convey our clients’ messaging in new and creative ways. You’ll have the chance to create award-winning work for national and global brands across social, traditional, and earned media.
You’ll be someone who leads by example and has a keen eye for organization and detail. You will work closely with project management, production, and account teams to help keep the work running smoothly.
- 8-10 years of related professional experience and working directly with clients.
- A real understanding of what makes for compelling work – whether on social platforms, in video, or in big earned media activations and ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d done that” envy.
- The ability to write across a broad range of media, in a variety of tones and voices.
- Video production experience – whether for online video, TV, etc. – and the ability to write concise scripts accordingly.
- A love for words, but an eye for art and design.
- Proven leadership skills managing multiple projects/tasks/teams of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure.
- A cheerful and positive attitude, and respect for others. We are looking for doers – people who lean in, check their egos at the door, and have a real willingness to collaborate with other members of the Weber team. If you like to sit back and let others come up with the big idea, this job isn’t for you.
- Exceptional internal and external communication skills, someone who can present and defend their work clearly and confidently.
- Experience with social media platforms and a working knowledge of their best practices.
- An interest in staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design, & development trends.
- A willingness to push creative boundaries.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.