Working under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Graphic Designer will develop visual conceptual solutions for a full range of creative/marketing ideas with an emphasis on showcasing the client experience and innovative project solutions of our firm. The Graphic Designer utilizes their exceptional concepting skills and expertise of marketing to develop ideas, cultivates an integrated marketing approach to client business, and optimally utilizes teamwork with project managers, writers, marketers, and other team members to obtain exceptional results.
A master of the craft of Art Direction with an emphasis on digital design. Demonstrates leadership, mentorship and consistently delivers results for our clients.
- Creates winning concepts/designs with skill and personal style on first round
- Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business with minimal supervision
- Student of marketing business and trends
- Demonstrates passion and desire for constant learning
- Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Ability to manage some projects from concept through execution with little to no supervision
Creates compelling concepts/designs with skill and personal style
- Demonstrates expertise in the skills needed for art direction including:
- Design sense (i.e., color theory, typography, composition)
- Omni-channel design approach that overcomes purchase barriers and visually communicate brand/promotional benefit (physical and digital)
- Audience (i.e., look, tone, and feel)
- Computer fluency in Microsoft Windows and Adobe Creative Suite
- Shoot project photography and edit images
- Storyboard, film, and edit video content
- Demonstrates vision and the ability to effectively lead creative projects
- Demonstrates consistently exceptional problem-solving skills through an ability to generate multiple solutions/creative concepts/layouts across all platforms (promotional, social, and advertising mediums)
- Pulls inspiration from personal and public life experiences and applications to develop innovative creative solutions
- Social and digital fluency
Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the firm and industry
- Conceptual thinking
- Ability to think visually
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to incorporate these trends into developed work
- Communicates concepts to the Marketing & Communications Manager and partners quickly and effectively
- Uses project site visits and internal education to further learn the business and industry intricacies.
- Shows a deeper understanding of marketing strategy by conveying concepts that both deliver on, and push beyond, the objectives and strategies outlined for each project
- Consistently supports creative ideas with fact-based rationale.
Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Is open to and takes creative direction from the Marketing & Communications Manager and translates that direction into action.
- Shows initiative through independent thinking and problem solving.
- Desires to grow and learn; knows when to engage manager for help with problem solving, accepts leadership challenges when appropriate.
- Is driven to do the best work on every project regardless of scope or medium.
- Demonstrates expertise of existing media channels and a desire to engage with emerging media channels.
Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and the ability to work with different departments to effectively and efficiently manage projects.
- Manages schedules and meets deadlines.
- Knows when and is willing to ask for help.
Understands the professional environment and acts professionally
- Promotes and nurtures a collaborative environment where ideas emerge and flourish.
- Shows business maturity through presence, behavior, and work ethic.
- Shows responsibility by working within project budgets and timelines, finding innovative cost-saving solutions, and completing timesheets every week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3-5 years experience with portfolio demonstrating integrated campaigns (concept through execution) with a foundation in digital marketing
- Open-minded and personable with innate conceptual design ability.
- Able and willing to listen, learn, and take direction well
- Flexibility – able to work extra hours with little or no advance notification.
- Listens and applies constructive criticism in job execution and performance issues
- Able to apply learning’s from job to job
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel as needed
EOE / AA/ E-VERIFY