ABOUT OUR COMPANY
FIRST is a leading global events agency with offices in New York, London, Los Angeles and Singapore. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust us to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. FIRST clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the non-profit sector. We are on Event Marketer’s “Top 100 Event Agencies” and “Best Places to Work in Events” lists. We’ve also been recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC”.
For more information please visit: www.firstagency.com.
In this capacity, the ideal candidate would represent the FIRST brand as an implanted team member for a well-known technology company. The Junior Event Technician will be responsible for assisting with the technical production for various events requiring support with Audio/Video, staging, lighting and design needs. The role is ideal for someone who has experience operating various event production systems. Experience in A/V and technical direction for both corporate events and live experiential events is helpful.
For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for event staff and vendors. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients and vendor partners on a daily basis.
- Lead the technical production of mid-level events and assist in the hands-on delivery of all events
- Manage client expectations on production issues
- Liaise across different levels within the immediate team, the client’s organization, and third-party vendors
- Ensure vendors are accountable for services by designing effective KPIs (Key Performance Indicator)
- Work closely with Planners and Producers to establish A/V and staging layouts as well as budgets for events
- Attend site visits and advise on best options and set up for venues
- Oversee building of staging and A/V set up on-site
- Deliver final labor cost and technical spends in post-production
- Participate in creative team brainstorming sessions
- Identify new and alternative ways of approaching FIRST’s technical production offering to clients
- 1+ years’ experience within the technical event production/broadcast environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual technology and advancements including lighting, audio/video output, rigging and power
- Prior experience in technical delivery of high-quality events is preferred
- Video output experience with a strong technical understanding of event production systems is preferred
- Solid communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships with team members, clients, and vendors
- Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at once
- Past experience working with 2D and 3D CAD (Vectorworks) is preferred
- Experience managing day-to-day changes with high attention to detail
- Willingness to travel within the United States for programs as needed
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build excellent relations with the team, clients, vendors, and key venues through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter
- Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times