Live Nation Careers
Staff Accountant – Chicago
Live Nation is the world’s leading live music company, annually connecting more than 71 million fans with their favorite performers at over 26,000 events. We are the largest producer of live concerts in the world, the second-largest venue management company and have a rapidly growing online presence. Live Nation creates superior experiences for artists and fans, regularly producing tours for the biggest superstars in the business, including The Rolling Stones, Barbra Streisand, Madonna, U2 and Coldplay. Globally, we own, operate and/or have booking rights for more than 170 venues. Live Nation’s websites collectively are the second most popular entertainment event websites in the United States, according to Nielsen//NetRatings. Our website is one of the world's leading ecommerce websites, based on a comparison of gross sales of top internet retailers. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Live Nation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol “LYV.”
We are seeking a Staff Accountant for the Midwest Region, a segment of the Live Nation Concerts division. This individual will assist the Senior Accountant who is responsible for shows at a wide variety of venues – both owned/operated and third party. The Midwest region covers over 1,000 concerts from Bismarck to Pittsburgh down to Louisville and across to Kansas City and everything in between.
- Revenue Allocation (e.g., Ticketmaster, box office, and event concessions, etc.)
- Manage cash disbursement (e.g., wires, cash orders, manual show checks) for show settlement
- Prepare event P&L and event journal entries.
- Review and monitor Oracle project and event reports for reasonableness
- Reconcile all show activity
- Cost Allocation (e.g., invoice activity, intercompany balance transfers, payroll, capital expenditure, etc.)
- Work with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams to ensure that all disbursements and collections are processed and recorded accurately and timely.
- Provide audit support as needed to ensure that show files are in compliance with company policy and procedure
- Month end close
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. Please include GPA with your application.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to take direction and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
Reports to: Accounting Director – Midwest
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
No relocation offered
This position includes a very competitive health benefits package along with an access pass for you and a guest to an unreserved seat at Live Nation venues.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.