Live Nation is the largest live entertainment company in the world, connecting over 550 million fans across all of our concerts and ticketing platforms in approximately 40 countries in 2016. We are the largest producer of live music concerts in the world, connecting more than 71 million fans to nearly 26,300 events for over 3,200 artists in 2016. Live Nation owns, operates, has exclusive booking rights for or has an equity interest in 196 venues, including House of Blues ® music venues and prestigious locations such as The Fillmore in San Francisco. We believe our global footprint is the world’s largest music advertising network for corporate brands and includes one of the world’s leading ecommerce websites, Ticketmaster.com. Live Nation is one of the world’s leading artist management companies based on the number of artists represented.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Live Nation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol “LYV.” For more information please visit our website at www.LiveNation.com.
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to process invoices as well as perform other functions in the Chicago office accounting department for the Midwest music region of Live Nation. The Midwest region encompasses 15 states representing approximately 25% of US households. We manage over 1,000 concerts annually at theaters, amphitheaters, arenas, stadiums and festival sites.
- Receive & process invoices
- Perform A/P processing tasks, such as date-stamping of invoices, filing, reviewing and securing authorization for invoice payments, checking invoices for sales and use tax requirements, proper code classifications, providing G/L coding for invoices, and entering invoices into Oracle and Captiva
- Preparing paperwork and securing the proper W-9 documentation for new vendor requests
- Answering inquiries from vendors concerning open A/P items
- Following up and resolving open A/P credit items with vendors
- Initiating payments for items such as rent and taxes
- Inputting show checks used during the day/night of the show into Oracle
- Inputting weekly wire payments
- Review outstanding show checks that have not cleared the bank within 90 days for possible void and re-issue
- Other duties as assigned on an “as needed” basis
- BS degree in accounting or finance
Reports to: Accounting Manager - Midwest
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
We offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, Medical/Vision/Dental and Life, 401(k), and a Company-Wide Winter Break!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.