GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.Key aspects of the audio engineer position are to direct, record and edit voiceovers, play an active role in field recording, mixing, and mastering audio for video productions. Our work spans across the entire company and encompasses a wide variety of multimedia products.Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain prompt, thorough, professional communication with all team members, customers, and business partners throughout all phases of a project to ensure milestones are established and met.
- Work on several audio assignments concurrently and report on their progress weekly.
- Adhere to naming conventions and follow procedure when interacting with project data in a shared storage environment.
- Be open to sharing ideas, concepts, and best practices with a team of animators, designers, editors and creatives.
- Record and engineer scripted voiceover content with a variety of professional and amateur voice talent.
- Post-production editing of audio content and encoding content to required audio formats.
- Record and engineer live audio during video productions; Serve as boom operator.
- Mixing and mastering audio content for videos and multimedia content.
- Directing audio talent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong audio editing skills; requires strong attention to detail.
- Experience mixing and mastering audio.
- Strong recording skills and experience using a variety of microphones.
- Work in a collaborative environment and able to take direction, but also able to work independently.
- Offer and receive criticism and critique equally well to help constantly raise our team’s quality bar. Comfortable having your work critiqued by a group of peers and able to integrate feedback into your projects.
- The ability to clearly explain your thoughts and creative approaches to projects to people who are not well versed in audio production.
- Adhere to established audio production processes and standards.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or EquivalentExperience: 1-3 YearsPreferred Qualifications
- Experience recording, mixing, and mastering audio for video
- Voice over narration skills and experience
Required Travel: 25%GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.