Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks, treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
Emmis Indianapolis Radio, a division of Emmis Communications, is currently seeking a part-time Digital Videography Assistantto execute video production needs for the Emmis Indianapolis is radio properties. This position reports directly to the Digital Content Director and the Lead Videographer and is responsible for producing and editing high-definition video and photos for the various radio station websites. Additionally, the Digital Video Assistant will be responsible for photography and video production of events, client promotions and other radio station content as needed. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in both professional video production and photography. Experience in producing high quality content as well as proficiency in pre and post-production video are a must. Other skills needed for this position include multi-tasking and the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever changing work environment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, direct and execute on-site video productions
- Provide professional post-production editing quickly and in response to programming and sales needs
- Update and maintain stations’ video resources including but not limited to Vidaroo, Vimeo and YouTube
- Proactively brainstorm with Digital Videographer and Digital Content team to create custom video solutions for clients
- Maintain and operate lights, cameras, audio equipment and all other video/photography equipment
- Maintain timesheets for all projects and provide reports as needed
- Provide effective solutions to programming and sales on new video/photography technologies
- Establish standards of video and photo quality that comply with Emmis standards set by technical departments and Emmis Digital
- Work alongside various divisions of Emmis and actively participate in communication and create video solutions as needed
- Manage workflow and media management solutions for storage, playback and archival
- Strong organizational, creative and scheduling skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
SKILLS & ABILITIES the Successful Candidates should possess include the following:
- 1-2 years’ experience with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Must have knowledge of lighting (gaffing), professional audio, camera operation and on-location experience
- Must have experience with many different cameras and equipment
- Must have extensive knowledge with codecs, compositing, storytelling and transcoding
- Capable of creating onsite workflow solutions for video and photography
- Ability to provide storage and server solutions for uncompressed HD footage
- Re-sizing photos and posting to websites
- Availability to perform minimal travel
- Minimum of two years experience in television, corporate or professional video / photography is preferred but not required
- Candidates MUST HAVE an online portfolio in order to be considered for the job.
- The focus of this position is video and photography production.
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you are a qualified candidate, submit your resume, application and portfolio online (preferred) @www.emmis.com
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com