WIBC/Network Indiana is looking for a multi-media platform news talent who can gather and interpret content on multiple platforms, including digital (web, social media) and on-air. The position requires the production and gathering of text, images, audio/video, etc. The ideal candidate will have strong delivery, a versatile mindset for varying tasks, and be a natural storyteller.
Job Overview: The multi-media content producer is responsible for producing Network Indiana content on the Wire Service, as well as uploading audio versions of stories for affiliate use. The position also requires strong knowledge of web, including some video production and posting. The anchor performs regular newscasts, as scheduled on both WIBC and Network Indiana. Maintains a minimum work load for story content. Will be responsible for maintaining news content as assigned on wibc.com and networkindiana.com
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing and delivering clear, concise newscasts that will be delivered on WIBC and on a state-wide network.
- Writing and sending news copy to Network Indiana Wire Service affiliates.
- News gathering and news writing on multiple platforms, with some video.
- If you write about it, you must post it and tweet it. Strong use of social media.
- Good ability to conduct and interviews and execute long form programming
- Content production for daily web updates.
- Shooting and editing video for website.
- Ability to be versatile and the understanding to be able to improvise during breaking news situations
Desired Skills & Experience:
Considered candidates should meet the following requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional news writing, copyediting, and grammar skills.
- Able to demonstrate sound news judgment. Requires understanding of how digital analytics plays a role in story development and placement.
- Able to work independently with little supervision. Requires a track record of dependability and evidence of a being self-starter.
- As a key player of the team, must be willing to offer ideas, suggestions, and other initiatives for the company.
- Ability to support all digital properties and work with on-air personalities.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Position requires extreme flexibility; able to work evenings, weekends, odd hours, etc. to ensure that digital properties are continually updated and fresh. Flexibility to work during breaking news and other big news events required. Willing to update content remotely from home and elsewhere as needed.
Three years minimum experience; Must be knowledgeable in both state and national events.
Additional Skills / Preferences:
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in a clear and personable tone of voice on-air, and in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to possess good telephone and communication skills, and operate a digital editor and other broadcast audio equipment. Ability to operate a computer for general office functionality. Frequent interaction with the local community and employees. Ability to think and process information on the spot during live broadcasts. Ability to deal with high level of stress because of the deadlines and live in-field reporting. The employee must occasionally work long hours during breaking news events.
Physical Demands: [What is described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.]
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear, an may have to kneel or crouch. Must be able to shoot quality video with a smart phone or small video camera.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and potentially hazardous situations, such as fires, chemical spills and bad weather. The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER