In order for your application to be considered, please apply through our website at https://ecampus.sf.edu/ICS/Employment.jnz
Applications through Indeed or other venues are NOT accepted.
Under general supervision of the Director of User Support Services, the Audiovisual Technician is responsible for providing technical support for classroom audiovisual presentation technologies and users. Technicians will also support, setup, and operate audiovisual equipment for university events and coordinate scheduling Stage Technicians or AV staff for those events. Additionally, Technicians will provide support for software, hardware, and network problems to all University computers and telecommunication users. Travel is sometimes required.
Employees provide the intellect, empathy and ability to serve our students and community. The USF Way of serving is a source of pride for many employees. To provide a consistently high level of quality experience across our university, we provide the following service expectations for all employees. These standards have been tailored by position and responsibilities, and are incorporated into performance evaluations.
Standard #1: Provide opportunities for deeper conversations, prayer and reflection.
Standard #2: Utilize best practices in communication and service.
- a) Apply care to your words and deeds to ensure respect for others.
- b) Commit to follow through without exception and with quality.
- c) Offer additional assistance after serving as in, “How else may I assist you?”
- d) Respond promptly, whether in person, via phone, or email.
Standard #3: Recognize and celebrate milestones and achievements.
Standard #4: Use resources wisely and support green initiatives.
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Education - Associate Degree in communication, information technology, or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience - One to three years experience working with audiovisual equipment including video projectors and PA systems. Experience with networked AV systems and/or Crestron AV control systems is preferred. Experience with video production and editing is preferred. Experience in providing end-user support for current PC and/or Macintosh desktops and applications is preferred.
Certifications – InfoComm CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) or equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to set up, configure, operate, maintain, and service audiovisual equipment.
- Working knowledge of video and audio networking technologies.
- Working knowledge of video and sound recording equipment and production and of editing equipment and software.
- Working knowledge, including troubleshooting techniques, in Microsoft desktop operating systems and office applications.
- Working knowledge of the Macintosh desktop operating system.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to effectively fulfill the expectations of this position.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to begin projects independently and to bring projects to a conclusion in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentialities as appropriate.
- Adheres to University of Saint Francis and departmental Quality Service Standards and Expectations.
- Demonstrates behaviors, attitudes and values congruent with the philosophy of the University of Saint Francis and the Franciscan Values.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing with various university constituents including administrators, faculty, students, other staff, and individuals in the university community.
Technical Service and Support:
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems for users of the university audiovisual and computer systems.
- Maintains audiovisual equipment in classroom, event and public access spaces.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone and in person.
- Maintains documentation of audiovisual problems via the help desk ticket system.
- Assists in any video or audio production and editing as requested by supervisors.
- Maintains documentation of audiovisual problems, installations, inventories, and end user guides.
- Delivers, inventories, sets up and assists in the configuration of end-user PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Processes requests, scheduling, and placement of audiovisual equipment on campus.
- Coordinates AV, Technology and schedules Stage Technicians for USF events.
- Communicates verbally, in writing, and in person with Facilities and Events clients to determine and schedule technology needs for events in USF facilities.
- Performs service and maintenance for audiovisual equipment and peripherals.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able and willing to work 1st or 2nd shift and weekends as required.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to: lifting heavy equipment up to 50lbs unassisted, bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana with a campus in Crown Point, Indiana, the University of Saint Francis is a private Catholic university enrolling 2,400 students. Rooted in the Catholic and Franciscan traditions of faith and reason, the University of Saint Francis engages a diverse community in learning, leadership and service.
At the university, you will experience Franciscan values that encourage us to:
- Reverence the unique dignity of each person
- Encourage a trustful, prayerful community of learners
- Serve one another, society and the Church
- Foster peace and justice
- Respect creation
Job Type: Full-time