Recording Arts Support Assistant
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Recording Arts Studio Assistant position is to provide support in the recording studio in the CoLab, in OCB 108. This position will involve assisting students with recording equipment, inventory, scheduling, assisting the recording Arts faculty as needed, and other duties as needs arise.
This position is expected to successfully:
- Provide basic support for JCCC Recording Arts students with technical questions involved with the recording process.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for students who encounter trouble with technology devices or software.
- Serve as a tutor to students when special project needs arise related to technology.
- Escalate larger issues to the JCCC Technology Support Center.
- Use support tools and documentation to assist in helping address student needs in the recording studio.
- Follow all Support Assistant guidelines and expectations for quality customer service.
- Operate available technology, including the C24 mixer, ProTools software, and the individual workstations.
- Facilitate and monitor the check-in/check-out process for students using the lab and/or studio.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide additional support in the CoLab if the recording studio is not being used at the time, and the need arises for additional staff in the CoLab.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Keep the studio organized, neat and tidy.
- Required Skills
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge and comfort with various recording studio hardware, software and other gear.
- Interest in and ability for learning and demonstrating technology.
- Required Experience
Familiarity or experience with some of the following software and tools:
- A proven record of reliability at a former or current job
- ProTools audio software
- Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of ProTools
- Intermediate knowledge of the C24 mixer
- Working knowledge of other musical gear
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
- Job Location
- Overland Park, Kansas, United States
- Position Type