Job descriptionJob DescriptionAudio Visual SpecialistIn this role you provide thought-leadership related to the design and construction of office and client-center audio visual (AV) systems. Define a high-level AV strategy for IBM’s agile office environment. The strategy should encompass all space types, including client-facing areas, lobbies, conference rooms, break areas, cafeterias, multipurpose / classroom areas, etc.Responsibilities
- Engage internal IBM stakeholders who require critical, client-facing AV systems to ensure the high-level AV strategy is aligned with their priorities and expectations.
- Develop AV guidelines for implementing IBM’s high-level AV strategy. The guideline will be rolled out globally and is expected to include a standard suite of AV options which will vary by space type and finish level. The guidelines may be prepared in collaboration with an external AV consultant. Work with the Global Workplace Solution team to ensure the detailed AV guidelines are well coordinated with RESO’s Workplace Guidelines and the architectural and MEP requirements included therein.Work with the CIO organization to ensure the detailed AV guidelines are well coordinated with IBM security and firewall requirements.
- Prepare an RFP, for issuance to AV systems integrators, to develop cost models for the standard suite of AV options. Work with the integrator who successfully responds to the RFP to prepare cost models for the standard suite of AV options.
- Work continuously with RESO, the CIO organization and other IBM divisions and stakeholders to maintain and update IBM’s AV strategy and guidelines.
- Manage client expectations related to AV systems. Work with RESO project managers, site operations teams, and IBM project executives to explain the workings of and the rationale for AV system proposed for a given project.
- Provide advice and council as during project design and construction to ensure successful delivery of AV systems. Assist during the commissioning of critical AV systems.
- Consult with owners of existing IBM AV systems to determine how to best maintain and enhance these systems.
- Stay abreast of current developments in AV technology, expectations, and requirements.
- Work with RESO senior management to articulate opportunities and any value propositions related to IBM’s AV Systems
- At least 3 years of Service Delivery experience
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Audio Visual Related Education or 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Procurement Skills
- Writing of Scopes of Work
- Financial Analysis
- Audio Visual Design 10 yrs minimum
- Information Technology and Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services