|PRI is looking for an experienced social engagement producer to join our digital team to lead the operation of our flagship PRI social accounts. We’re looking for a person who is passionate about using social media to build community and engagement, as well as international news and current events in general. If you love organizing Facebook Lives and editing social posts, are incredibly organized and passionate about community building, this job may be for you. PRI.org’s social communities range from large-scale to niche, and the person in this role will have a chance to play a role at every level.
The Social Media Editor/Producer is responsible for overseeing the vibrancy and growth of core PRI social channels, with a particular focus on PRI's Facebook and Twitter accounts. The person in this position must have a strong passion for digital engagement and an understanding of social audience behaviors. He or she must demonstrate mastery of social media platforms, curate content in response to trending topics, and partner with reporters on assignment to supplement their reporting with tweets, Facebook lives, Snapchat and Instagram. He/she should also have experience with social analytics and can take action based on available data. .
This person should be as passionate about creating gifs and organizing live interviews as they are about crafting the perfect tweet. We love to experiment with new storytelling and engagement options.
PRI is a global non-profit media company focused on the intersection of journalism, storytelling and engagement to affect positive change in people’s lives. We are creating a more informed, empathetic and connected global community by inspiring people to understand the world’s cultures, issues and events. Each day, we share powerful stories, encourage exploration and create connection by combining content and engagement opportunities to affect change. We are looking for diverse, passionate, and adventurous individuals that want to work in an innovative environment. If you are interested in making a difference in the world, please consider applying for this position!
Essential responsibilities include:
- Work with PRI.org’s editors, other members of the social team and the senior director of PRI’s Engagement Lab to implement the engagement strategy for PRI social properties.
- Create compelling, social-native content that drives audience interest in and engagement with our journalism.
- Curate content from across PRI’s diverse portfolio of shows and public radio station partners
- Work with social media colleagues for day-to-day writing and editing of social posts to maximize shares, clicks, conversation and engagement.
- Moderate comments and serves as a host for our communities to ensure discussions, particularly on Facebook, meet our guidelines, respond to follower comments and inquiries.
- Use tracking tools and data to analyze user behavior, track success of our tactics, and show progress toward audience growth goals. Share analysis with colleagues.
- Increase the diversity of PRI audiences by collaborating with and highlighting content from communities under-represented in media.
- Create and host social events (including live video) based on our coverage that deepens our content and engages our fans.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in social tools, algorithms and platforms, and guide continual experimentation in our social tactics.
- In consultation with the Executive Editor, PRI.org and Senior Director of PRI’s Engagement Lab, develop and refine the voice of PRI social channels in accordance with PRI brand behaviors and characteristics.
- Champion social media to newsroom staff
- Help use social media to identify possible sources and stories for use on PRI.org and PRI’s The World.
- Use social analytics to inform story selection and story positioning.
- Be an active member off the PRI social media team.
This position is in Minneapolis.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- At least two years of increasing responsibilities and success in using and managing social media to do news and/or journalism in a professional setting.
- At least one year of dedicated community management and community building experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining effective relationships through a variety of communication strategies and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and self-directed; ability to set and meet aggressive goals and to recognize successes and challenges associated with those goals. Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to express independent judgment to identify opportunities and to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion.
- Familiarity with social media management tools, with TweetDeck and SocialFlow experience a plus.
- Experience with entering and maintaining content via a CMS a plus.
PRI embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer!
PRI: Hear a different voice™.