Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge, a leader in offering treatment programs to those battling addiction, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill our opening for an Events Coordinator.
Our mission is to assist teens and adults in gaining freedom from chemical addictions and other life controlling problems by addressing their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. When you work for MnTC, you're not merely filling a job. You're actively participating in a mission that is alive with purpose! You get the opportunity to see lives, families and dire circumstances transformed. You get to see hope take center stage and come to reality. Imagine ending the work day knowing that what you've done is meaningful, significant and rewarding.
The role of Events Coordinator is to support the Events Manager by effectively helping plan and execute events for Mn Adult & Teen Challenge, while keeping aligned with organizational goals. This is a visible position within the Marketing department and also requires communication with donors.
- Assist the Event Manager with aspects of fundraising events in the Twin Cities, including but not limited to: Minneapolis Gala, Freedom 5K Run/Walk, Christmas Concert, Donor Appreciation Dinner, Mankato Gala, and the Freedom Celebration Anti-Drug Rally.
- Duties include:
- Silent auction solicitation, follow-up, item packaging, item entry and descriptions, photographing items for digital catalog, tracking and reporting to create future event goals
- Help with volunteer communication and coordination on event days
- Keep accurate inventory of all choir shirts and coordinate shirts with program staff as needed for event performances
- Assist with set-up and tear-down on event days
- Assist satellite center Event Managers as needed for the following events: Duluth Gala, Rochester Gala, Alexandria Gala, Brainerd Gala, Brainerd Fishing Challenge, and Brainerd Golf Challenge.
- Duties include:
- Providing silent auction support
- Helping ensure registration processes are consistent and running smoothly
- Travel to event locations to provide day-of support and bring supplies as needed
- Collaborate with internal event implementation and event steering teams to ensure consistent communication
- Other duties as assigned to ensure successful events
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Event Planning, or equivalent
- 2+ years event experience
- Excellent communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers and staff; display superior judgment and diplomatic skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment. Extremely high degree of professionalism and integrity, as well as the ability to pay attention to detail and quality standards are required.
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Working knowledge of BidPal, Auction Harmony, or other auction management system
- Flexible work schedule with travel, including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to successfully pass background check, and have unrestricted access to driving privileges