|The College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University (CSB/SJU) Information Technology Services Department (ITS) is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Classroom and A/V Support Specialist. This position is responsible for the management, delivery, creation, of services provided for a wide variety of campus events and program requests on our campuses as well as our state of the art classrooms and labs on both of our campuses. The Classroom and A/V Support Specialist is responsible for training and supervising a staff of student employees to provide services during and after business hours.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position, primarily M-F with the availability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate evening and some weekend events. The normal hours for this position is 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm (Academic Year); 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (summer) and is responsible for coordinating and supporting rooms and events in the evening. This position will also work some Saturdays, as needed. Regular travel between CSB and SJU campus' is required. CSB/SJU offers a competitive wage and benefits such as health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, tuition remission and retirement options. You will receive accrued paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
ITS strives to provide innovative and reliable technology and services to enable teaching and learning for students, faculty, and staff at CSB/SJU. We provide state of the art learning spaces and online resources that support student success, robust and user-friendly technology tools, both hardware and software, for teaching and learning, and effective communications with fast response times. We offer a robust infrastructure with anytime, anywhere access, which provides consistent access to services and data from any location with any device. Cloud First informs our decisions to make use of cloud hosting flexibility when possible. One network serves both CSB/SJU campuses plus the Prep School, the Abbey, and the Monastery. The 10 Gigabit network backbone allows high availability to the data and applications on the network servers. Wireless access in every building on both campuses allows faculty, staff, and students to access the network through notebooks or other hand-held devices.
- Works with students, faculty, staff, and outside clients to accurately assess, determine, and advise on their multimedia needs. Coordinates multimedia equipment, maintains scheduling, and assigns personnel to accommodate requests.
- Responsible for organizing all in-house media production work that includes audio and video recordings of events, audio and video post-production editing, duplication of physical media, and the creation of and access to digital files.
- Hires, trains, and supervises approximately eight student employees to deliver, assemble, and operate multimedia equipment in a technically proficient, problem-solving, professional manner.
- Supports and services all classrooms/labs on campus.
- Handles financial paperwork related to billings, estimates, assignments, policies, and procedures for media services provided to internal and outside groups.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and technical aptitude with digital audio, video, and computer systems.
- Very proficient with Microsoft office applications especially Power Point, Word, and Excel. Know how to use non-linear digital video and audio editing applications
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Excellent organizational, management, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact with people and work in a service oriented department.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under multiple deadlines. A high level of self-motivation is expected.
- Ability to lift media equipment up to 40 lbs. with/without assistance.
- Crestron and Extron programming experience.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted online by clicking "Apply" above. Interested candidates should complete an application form and attach a cover letter and resume.
It is the policy of CSB and SJU to conduct pre-employment background checks. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Women, individuals of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer employers.