|Diversified is seeking an AV / Video Conferencing / VTC Field Service Tech for the Minneapolis - Saint Paul, MN area. This position provides technical and operational support of audio-visual equipment and systems located within the following types of environments: business/corporate, educational, houses of worship, military. Diversified provides financial support and paid time for continued education leading to industry certifications and employee career development.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Audio Visual / Video Conferencing Field Service Technician include the following:
Provide technical support for: Video Teleconferencing; Audio (Program and Speech, DSP based systems); Projection and Display Devices; Video Wall Display Systems; Christie Digital Signage Systems; Crestron / AMX Source Control Devices; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco UC; Cisco TelePresence systems; Wireless Microphones / RF Systems; Biamp Nexia / Biamp Tesira; PTZ Wall Cameras; Barco & Planar Display Technology; NEC; & Samsung.
What do we require from you?
- Provide customers an elevated level of AV tech competencies & support
- Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future customer loyalty
- Complete Preventative Maintenance visits to ensure all customer rooms and systems are operating in an optimum fashion
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions, or appropriate usage
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues)
- Assemble reports and in-house paperwork to record customer interactions
- Provide operational support for meetings as required
But wait, there’s more!
- A two-year diploma from a Technical School, or equivalent experience
- CTS cert from InfoComm + manufacturer certs (AMX, Biamp, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, Polycom, or Cisco)
- Competencies in AutoCAD / Visio adequate to read drawings for rack layout & cabling
- Preference given to Three (3) years of experience conducting site surveys; constructing racks; pulling cable; installing projectors & sub-mounts; crimping / punch-down connections
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small cramped places
- Must be able to work in hot humid places, as well as cold places
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
- Collaborative work environment
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- 2016 Integrator of the Year
- Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.