Audio Research has an opening for an electronics service bench repair technician to join our team. Our electronics service repair technicians provide service and warranty repairs on Audio Research products such as amplifiers, preamplifiers and integrated amplifiers. This position will provide repairs to customers product as well as provide technical phone/email support to customers and internal personnel . This is a full time position. Audio Research Corporation offers an excellent benefits package that includes health insurances, life insurances, dental and vision insurance and 401k.
- Troubleshoot and repair High End electronic vacuum tube and solid-state high end home audio equipment.
- Utilize test equipment to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair high end home audio equipment to high standards.
- Prepare cost estimates for service and repair of customer’s home audio equipment.
- Test/ repair as required to ensure audio equipment is performing within factory specifications.
- Preform product updates per factory specifications.
- Communicate with dealers and customers via phone and email to provide technical support.
Skills and Abilities
- Read and interpret schematics and service manuals.
- Ability to use oscilloscope, multi-meter, distortion analyzer, and other test equipment.
- Solder through hole and surface mount components, with and without magnification.
- Proficient in the use of Windows computers and Microsoft office applications
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, orally and in writing in the English language.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task, prioritize and accurately follow through on work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must maintain excellent interpersonal relationships involving management, staff and customers.
- This position requires some sitting, standing, walking, repetitive movement, and lifting up to 80 lbs.
2 year Associates degree or certification in Electronic Technician.
- 3-5 years minimum experience performing bench repairs on high end audio products or electronics.
- 3-5 years experience troubleshooting and repairing the following: vacuum tube based and solid-state electronics, digital and analog circuits, high voltage equipment is preferred
To apply for the Electronics Service Repair Technician position, please include a resume and cover letter with your salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $23.00 /hour
- electronics repair: 3 years