|It’s a new era in consumer marketing. BlueSoho, a division of Quad/Graphics, helps our clients meet the challenge. As an integrated marketing and technology firm, the BlueSoho team helps customers connect their print content across mobile, digital, video, social media and other marketing channels. Our full suite of services is designed to deliver high-impact brand experiences.
BlueSoHo is seeking an experienced Photographer Assistant/Digital Technician for our studio in Bloomington, MN. This is a full-time position working 5 days a week (Monday through Friday).
- Assisting photographers on hard line products, soft goods/apparel, people, products and room sets.
- Assisting with photography of product both on and off-figure, in a high volume studio environment and on-location.
- Reviewing and receiving specifications, instructions, and paperwork with Photographers.
- Set building.
- Working directly with Studio Producer and the Photographers to understand internal studio schedules and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Working cooperatively with the Stylists and Merchandise Coordinators.
- Tracking projects, maintaining shot logs, and tracking sheets.
- Assisting in processing and routing of images and projects from production through post production.
- Reviewing equipment needs with Photographers.
- Performing, maintaining and assisting in all reviews and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Reviewing workflows with Photographers and providing feedback.
- Responsible for the implementation of new technology and studio training, as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with studio equipment standards, inventory, maintenance.
- Support implementation of workflows to streamline processes and digital assets.
- Support implementation of new technology and change management support.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting photography equipment and software to keep them running smoothly.
- 2 + years’ of professional industry experience as a Photography Assistant or Production Assistant in a studio environment.
- Extremely attentive to detail, highly organized and able to manage multiple projects concurrently in a time-sensitive environment.
- Self-starter with “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Able to work in a group environment and with clients.
- Experience with digital image retouching, image manipulation and postproduction techniques and software(s) to enhance/improve raw capture and rendered high-resolution image quality.
- Working knowledge of current photography equipment, tools and software.
- Understanding of workflows for still productions.
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform/software.
- Working knowledge and experience with CaptureOne (raw image capture software), Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat, Microsoft Office.
- Must exhibit excellent team/collaboration skills and the ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
- Practical working knowledge of hand and power tools.