The Account Manager at Intemark reports to the Account Director or the Group Director. The Account Manager will play an integral role in the development of partner marketing programs for our major film studio client, as well as supporting internal processes. The Account Manager needs to have an in-depth understanding of drawing connections between consumer brands and a finger on the pulse of pop-culture and how it integrates with marketing content in order to cultivate partners in support of major theatrical and home entertainment film releases. The Account Manager is responsible for conducting necessary industry research, in addition to participating and managing special projects as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop partner marketing programs that creatively generate revenue, media exchange, cross promotion and offer distribution opportunities for select and designated Intemark accounts from start to completion
- Assist the Group Director or Account Directors in managing various account deliverables including, but not limited to, status reports, summaries, term sheets, etc.
- Update internal and/or external client status reports in a timely manner and keep team informed of progress
- Communicate regularly with team members and partners on key project updates, developments, etc.
- Present client opportunities independently or as a group to prospective partners via conference calls and in-person meetings as necessary
- Participate in meetings, brainstorm sessions, conference calls, etc. with clients, partners, partner agencies and make contributions as necessary
- Assist with the development of and monitor the quality of key client documents including presentations, status documents, proposals, etc. to ensure Intemark is distributing the highest quality materials to prospective partners
- Assist with presentation and proposal development for designated accounts as needed
- Manage, prepare and send out client collateral/sizzle kits to prospective partners as needed
- Work in conjunction with and/or manage Marketing Coordinators on designated accounts, projects as requested or as necessary
Account Support and Research
- Research potential partners, categories and industries that may align with Intemark clients or assigned projects
- Keep abreast of industry trends and Intemark client news/PR and circulate information to the account teams and/or company as appropriate
- Conduct daily, weekly and/or monthly analysis and/or research on client competitors and share information/results with team as appropriate
- Assist in the development of key account documents and marketing materials including partner lists and presentations
- Ensure that partner examples are gathered, saved and shared with staff to communicate successes and developments on client’s accounts
- Assist in conducting final project analysis/recap on specific accounts or initiatives and work with account lead on interpretation analysis for client, internal team, etc.
- Participates/co-leads special projects as needed and assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Has a passion for entertainment and a love of movies
- Influential communicator with the ability to clearly communicate and “sell” an idea
- Able to uncover a potential partner’s business and marketing objectives by leveraging a consultative selling approach
- Strong and ongoing awareness of marketing, trends, brand(s) and pop culture
- Contributor to a fun, high energy, fast paced and focused team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects with parallel deadlines simultaneously
- Strong and polished written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present to an individual, or group, by phone and/or in-person.
- Creative thinker who can think outside the box, yet deliver ideas and solutions against a specific client objective
- Adept at creating presentation decks and associated content
- Ability to communicate ʺvisionʺ and conceptual thinking internally and externally
- Comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and ever-shifting priorities
- Competitive, resilient and passionate
- Results driven, superior follow through and attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, ability to foresee needs and influence outcomes
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience within a sales, marketing or media field such as promotion marketing, partnership development, general advertising (agency or client), sponsorship sales or evaluation, sports/entertainment marketing and/or licensing
- Skills preferred: exceptional communication, strong negotiation, strategic thinker, creative thinker, polished writing and presentation skills, self-starter, results driven, detail oriented, client management,
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, communications or journalism, MBA preferred
Job Type: Full-time