The Account Executive is the day-to-day contact for their group of clients and responsible for ensuring that all tactical responsibilities are executed. They must demonstrate the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, conceive and create new ideas, and ensure seamless execution of current processes. They must receive and fulfill requests, without error and in a timely manner, by coordinating workflow with an Account Assistant and between internal departments. This person should be able to communicate well and manage expectations with all types of people. The Account Executive works closely with an Account Assistant and is responsible for mentoring them in their career development. While performing duties, an Account Executive maintains a top level of knowledge of what is developing within the industry as well as with each specific client and shapes requests accordingly.
The Account Executive also works closely with the Account Manager and Digital Planner / Buyer creating print and digital media strategies that support client marketing objectives, business goals and media budgets. They must demonstrate a working knowledge of all things print (for example, ROP, insert distribution options, shared mail, sponsorships, etc.) and obtain an understanding of local digital media. They are required to have working knowledge of each area of Novus’ resources to gather necessary research, analysis, data and rationale to support media strategies. The Account Executive must also maintain a top-level knowledge of what is developing within their clients’ industry as well as demonstrate expertise and viewpoints of the advertising industry environment. The Account Executive must have good story-telling ability, the aptitude to explain things clearly and succinctly, and boil down relevant insights. They are also responsible for seeking out new opportunities to grow client
- Main day-to-day contact for all clients to execute requests flawlessly while adhering to clients’ strategic direction.
- Coordinate and guide workflow between all Novus Departments, including Finance, Ad/Buying Operations, Media Investment, etc.
- Gather Intelligence via research, analysis and other strategic support materials.
- Translate/interpret data from internal departments into clear and succinct information with relevant insights (client-ready).
- Act as a mentor to Account Assistant while overseeing interaction between AA and internal departments.
- Seek out new opportunities to grow client’s business and provide necessary POV and/or rationale for presented strategic recommendations.
- Have a general knowledge of all client projects, even if not team lead for project.
- Lead internal and external status meetings/calls.
- Delegate duties beyond Account Executive scope within projects to Account Assistant and Account Manager as pertains to roles.
- Keep general knowledge of all client projects, even if not team lead for project.
- College degree in related field (advertising, journalism, marketing, business administration).
- A minimum of 3 years media and/or client service experience; experience in print and/or digital a plus.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong communication, time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience in a detail-oriented environment that strives for flawless execution and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships (internal/external) that lead to maintained business, additional business, program implementation, enhanced processes / increased efficiencies, open communication, constructive criticism, collaboration, conflict resolution, and the overall success of the company.
- Background in providing leadership within a designated role; act as a mentor.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence others.
- Lead internal / external status calls.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals; demonstrated intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to provide actionable insights using client data / market analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually when necessary.
- Advanced PC skills to include all Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Responsible for all aspects of budgeting including weekly forecasts, systems updates and meeting / exceeding yearly targeted revenue and margin goals.
- Follow all companywide record keeping requirements.
- Keep management abreast of all things, both positive and negative.
- Some travel may be required.
All candidates are kept confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year