- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a TV or print digital department.
- Considerable knowledge of social media platforms, web development technologies, design software, mobile devices and web tools required.
- Reasonable technical background knowledge of front and back-end systems to communicate with IT team.
- Strong ability to prioritize, perform and lead a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience working as a team member with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Takes initiative but will follow direction when needed.
- Ability to work on short deadlines and in pressure situations.
This person is responsible for the overall management of KSTP’s digital platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, station websites, mobile apps, video streaming, web site content, social media content, digital content distribution to partner platforms and all digital platform strategies. This person is also responsible for oversight of the digital staff.
- Directly manage and provide leadership to digital staff as well as assisting newsroom staff.
- Demonstrate strong editorial news judgement consistent with the 5 EYEWITNESS News brand.
- Ability to convert and customize on-air content to best display on all respective digital platforms.
- Directly manage social media platforms including researching, analyzing and presenting the latest social media trends and best practices to build successful social media strategies.
- Consistently stay up-to-date and educated in the fast changing areas of web development, design, social media and content curation.
- Collaborate with News Director to establish content and staff development goals and objectives.
- Direct original content on all platforms created by digital staff as well as on-air anchors, reporters, producers and photographers and newsroom staff.
- Establish department protocols, procedures and avenues of communication to help create an environment of consistent, quality workflow.
- Primary contact for digital department. Liaison for digital efforts between news and marketing departments on digital matters. Works to ensure mutual understanding and manage expectations between departments.
- Provides direction to digital team on a daily basis, monitors work performance, gives positive and constructive feedback as needed, and conducts regular performance reviews. Recruits, interviews and selects new employees for digital team.
- Directs and participates in efforts to constantly improve quality of station web sites, mobile sites, mobile apps and other digital initiatives as required.
- Works established hours as well as other hours as required.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.