Video Content Producer
Cumulus Media Minneapolis | 92 KQRS • 93X • 105 The Vibe
Cumulus Media Minneapolis is looking for an entry-level Video Content Producer to join our growing digital department. The Video Content Producer will be an integral piece of the digital production team responsible for creating quality, on-brand content distributed across a variety of our stations’ digital and social platforms. This position will report directly to the Digital Content Manager and often collaborate with the On-Air, Promotions and Sales teams. The position calls for a hard-working, forward thinking, creative mind who is organized, detail oriented and up for new challenges.
- Regularly produce and edit creative video content to be distributed across a variety of media channels
- Post on-brand content to the websites and social media platforms
- Cut versions of videos specifically for each major platform keeping in line with best practices
- Coordinate weekly filming and production with the on-air talent
- Collaborate with the digital, on-air, promotions and sales departments to identify content needs for each channel
- Create unique ideas for new video features, content and enhancements that advance our objectives
- Work with a mix of live action, stock footage, visual effects, still imagery, motion graphics and typography to generate reels, mood films, sizzle reels and marketing materials.
Required Software Proficiencies:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro (Lightroom and Illustrator are a plus)
- DSLR cameras, sound/lighting equipment
- Knowledge of CMS platforms, specifically Wordpress
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience creating short-form video content in different formats for different platforms (websites and social platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram)
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable with creating on-brand content for all three of our stations
- A good grasp on social media video best practices, landscape and ability to recognize content and stories that will resonate with our audiences, drive views and engagement
- Highly-organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Curiosity and desire to go above and beyond
- Work well in a team as well as independently
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to keep up with current trends in video equipment and software
- Experience in photography a plus
- Experience in typography a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Paid Vacation & Holidays.
- Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Full-featured benefits including 401(k) and ongoing growth potential.
Candidates MUST HAVE an online portfolio in order to be considered for the position
Who We Are:
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (PINK: CMLSQ) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 446 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), approximately 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)