AVI Systems Inc. has an open position for a Broadcast Engineer. This person will be responsible for the design and specification of audio visual systems typically found in Broadcast, Post Production and Studio environments. Applicants with experience in digital workflows, IP workflows, acquisition and distribution are encouraged to apply.
If you have a prior background in live studio applications and understand what it takes to build such a facility, then this is the job for you. This is the opportunity to join a national group of engineers with clients around the globe.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in television broadcast industry, corporate event or equivalent industry.
- Experience with Audio Video systems, video systems, theatrical lighting systems, audio systems, intercom matrices, KVM systems, digital audio systems; Experience with audio video production system design, system configuration and installations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community
- Project Management
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Experience with mechanical/electrical needs as it related to event production spaces (Acoustical Requirements, optimal room orientations, lighting grids, power distribution).
- AutoCAD 2D skills in relation to wiring diagrams, to scale custom panels, operator consoles, and architectural design.
- Deep knowledge in IT networking hardware and software related to the Video and Audio Production industry.
- Working knowledge of standards (i.e. SMTPE, NTSC, ATSC, MPEG).
- SBE certified