|Williams Sound has been providing hearing assistance technology to customers worldwide for over 40years. "Helping People Hear" is not just our motto, it is the core of our business philosophy. In what beganas a simple AM listening system for the church, Williams Sound has since grown to offer a diverse line of consumerand commercial listening products. Whether your needs are specific to listening in church, in the classroom, atwork, on the phone, or other public venue, we have a remarkable group of products designed to assist.
Williams Sound has a positive family culture. We are courteous and professional.We co-operate with each other, have a positive attitude and support individuality. At Williams Sound, we understand the impact and importance of hearing in people's everyday lives - that's why weset our sights on being a legendary supplier providing high quality products with knowledgeable, dedicated service.
We are seeking a Social Media Specialist for a Full Time position who is able to fulfill the following job requirements:
Social Media Specialist Position Type: Full Time
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for supporting the company’s marketing strategy, maintaining the brand, image and reputation of the company through various types of social channels through campaign management, project coordination and overall market monitoring support.
The Social Media Specialist must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, with superior organizational and interpersonal skills. They must be self-motivated, able to take initiative, anticipate needs, work independently and carry projects through to completion with moderate guidance/direction. They will provide support to the marketing department, including communications, monitoring, training, reporting and documentation.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications Project Manager to create quarterly calendars/schedules outlining all social media events, sales activities (training, co-op events coordinated with sales coordinator) and sponsorship programs
- Coordinate social media strategies and tactics for optimal results. Includes managing logistics, calendars, channels, content writing, posting product launches, events, training, and generic messaging. Work with sales/marketing team to determine appropriate content needed to build following, establish an authoritative industry voice and promote Williams Sound as a whole.
- Manage social media reporting, comments and training providing timely reports and responses.
- Participate in and initiate online conversations across a variety of channels.
- Assist with any crisis management, bad news/press releases as they arise
- Interact on social networking platforms on company’s behalf. Respond to customers. Maintain brand integrity. Provide high level of customer service.
- Maintain channel metrics (including number of new followers/fans, engagements, reactions, etc. towards achieving targeted results and ensure timely and effective execution of social media tactics and programs.
- Maintain future trends in digital technologies and tools as act proactively to keep Williams Sound at the forefront of new developments.
- Communicate with marketing/sales team on the social media logistics and recaps.
- Develop and maintain relationships with venues/vendors that facilitate efficient, effective achievement of social media objectives. Manage supplier network for social media necessities.
- Working with Communications Project Manager organizing special event needs and handling any social media tactics that arise.
- Gather social media analytics and campaigns, produce monthly activity reports. Work in a team environment to identify, interpret and capitalize on social media trends.
- Working with Director of Marketing to create and implement processes for work flow between sales and marketing related to social media planning.
- Create and provide best practices, tips, guidelines and tool training to sales and other Williams Sound content contributors. Review, approve and publish/schedule all social media posts on behalf of Williams Sound.
- Develop competitive social media library.
- Work with Director of Marketing to research various market / industry information Identify key industry contacts/organizations and locations online for improving corporate linking and SEO online.
- Participate in company meetings with Sales when requested.
- Execute on marketing plan and provide weekly updates to Director of Marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Social Media Specialist position is a highly interpersonal and mobile position. This individual must have good verbal, written, hearing, visual, and communication skills. This position requires the use of a desktop publishing system. This individual must be able to operate the computer using Word and Excel, fax, Internet, copier, and telephone. This position also requires the individual to frequently carry and lift up to 30 lbs. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodation.
- Experience managing social media platforms including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google Plus, and Pinterest.
- 2-3 years of Social Media management is required.
- An Associate’s Degree and 1-3 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or technical discipline.
- Outstanding writer able to create content that aligns to overall brand positioning and personality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communications skills.
- Exhibit professionalism.
- Outgoing personality that strives to be a part of the team.
- Ability to collaborate well interdepartmentally and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and documentation.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Good listening skills.
- Accept ideas from the Director of Marketing and other senior management members to improve social media content and performance.
- Self-motivated and strong initiative.
- Experience with problem solving skills.
- Experienced and skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- PC proficiency - Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with outside vendors.
- Willing to manage social media posts/approvals/schedules during peak trade event activities including after hours, weekends and travel for assigned projects.
- Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
- Experience with SproutSocial preferred.
- Prior marketing project management experience a plus.
- Experience in the Pro AV industry ideal.
- Market competitive