The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Production Coordinator is responsible for representing the Production Department at all Ordway, Arts Partners, and Ordway rental events, coordinating with clients and performers, and facilitating the flow and communication of information for successful events.
- Posting Date: 1/2/2018
- Closing Date: Open until filled, this position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates
- Employee Type: Full-time
- Department: Production
- Reports to: Director of Production
- Work with the Production Department and House Crew in the preparation, coordination, and operation of events and activities to contribute to the efficiency of the production demands.
- Supervise house crew and IATSE Stagehands on a show by show or call basis that meet the Ordway’s production or event goals.
- Facilitate and participate in all conversations, activities, and events that require the involvement of the Production Department to ensure successful events and productions.
- Ensure production details have been coordinated and communicated with internal staff prior to productions and during events to facilitate the efficient flow of necessary and crucial information to Ordway Staff to ensure their ability to function at every event.
- Participate on committees and project teams that support the Ordway’s mission to result in enhancement of partnerships, increased revenues, reduction of risk, optimum customer service, and positive employee engagement in support of the Ordway’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED required, B.A. or BFA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a professional IATSE union house.
- Working knowledge and experience in technical theatre for the performing arts, including theatrical, dance, musicals, industrials, and concert production.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use own vehicle required.
To Apply: For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment. Please include a cover letter and resume with your online application. The Ordway is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and people of color are encouraged to apply for positions.