PUBLIC BROADCASTING – WDSE.WRPT
WDSE.WRPT, in Northeastern Minnesota, is hiring a Membership Director who will oversee membership activities.
The Director of Membership & Resource Development will lead WDSE * WRPT’s member relations’ efforts, including strategizing, planning for, and implementing activities and services that provide value to members and promote membership retention and growth. S/he will lead the organization’s efforts to understand, articulate, and respond to the needs of our members while increasing earned revenues through membership development and through the support of other revenue departments. This individual will work closely with the General Manager to plan for and carry out resource development activities that increase WDSE * WRPT’s ability to effectively and sustainably carry out its mission. The Director of Membership & Resource Development works as part of a team of professionals who serve WDSE * WRPT’s membership through management support, exclusive membership benefits, and other services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership Development: Oversee all aspects of developing, strengthening, and maintaining the membership network, including developing long and short term membership development benchmarks and budgets; strategically planning for and corroborating, collaborating with marketing activities, including member pledge drives, direct mail campaigns; use of social media and website content; leading WDSE * WRPT’s member relations efforts; and ensuring, administering, interpreting, and responding to program evaluation and development.
- Ensure a culture of service to members is preserved and promoted throughout WDSE * WRPT, that membership activities are fully integrated into all aspects of WDSE * WRPT’s work, and that WDSE * WRPT’s strategic plan, services, and programs reflect WDSE * WRPT’s commitment to understanding and increasing member value.
- Respond to inquiries from current and prospective members and track results.
- Plan and manage membership events in coordination with other staff, including special events, networking events, and all related station endeavors.
- Ensure WDSE * WRPT’s membership database functions optimally for the organization; recommend strategies and solutions to staff for using the database to achieve programmatic goals; provide staff training as needed.
- Oversee membership services staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communication skills including listening and speaking 1:1 or with small and large audiences.
- Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in helping.
- Genuine enjoyment in meeting others and learning about the successes and challenges they experience in their nonprofit endeavors.
- Strong project planning, critical thinking, and problem solving; self-motivated and self-directed with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to successfully manage interruptions and details.
- Three (3) years working in the nonprofit sector, preferably in senior management.
- Experienced in the use of computer based constituent relationship management system for membership tracking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and use of the Internet. Database and web application knowledge a plus.
- Three (3) years of experience in fundraising/sales, including corporate sponsorships.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
Excellent benefits including health insurance, paid time off, and retirement (retirement benefit begins after 6 months of employment).
Application This position is open until filled. To be considered, submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references..
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $57,000.00 /year
- Membership: 3 years
- fundraising/sales: 5 years