North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist . NCSRCC is a mission-driven organization representing nearly 26,000 union members and their families from 36 local unions in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Members include Carpenters, Floor Coverers, Millwrights and Pile Drivers. For more information, visit www.northcountrycarpenter.org.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design magazine, brochures, banners and other marketing materials in an effort to reach out to key audiences
- Write, proof and edit newsletters, flyers, announcements, invitations and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Generate content, write member stories, and update various websites and social media channels
- Promote the recruitment and retention of members
- Help organize, plan and track projects and events
- Ensure consistent brand messaging throughout the organization
Qualifications and Skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A high level of graphic design skills using Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent writing, editing, spelling and grammar skills
- Experience in photography and/or producing and editing videos
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be reliable, organized, detail-oriented, flexible and self-motivated, to prioritize projects and to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, media and the public in a variety of situations
- Ability to work some nights/weekends as required
- Some travel required throughout 6-state area and to our International Training Center
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Marketing or equivalent field
- Experience in Wordpress, Constant Contact and various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs)
- A proven track record of earned media
The preferred candidate will be a utility player with a broad set of skills and the ability to work proactively. This position will report to the Communications Director and will join a team of two other staff members.
Knowledge of the construction industry not required. Tell us your talents and we will work together to make this a fun, challenging and satisfying work experience.
Pension and medical benefits, including optical and dental.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
***Send a cover letter with salary requirements, resumé and references, as well as three writing or graphic design samples or a link to your portfolio, by Friday, February 9, 2018.***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Communications: 3 years
- Graphic Design: 2 years