Eagle Brook Church is a multi-site church looking to hire a technically savvy, detailed-oriented Video Director to join our team. This person will video direct services and maintain video systems for their campus. If you love to video direct and develop volunteers to serve, you may be the perfect candidate. A person skilled in troubleshooting advanced video systems, directing a live shoot, and developing volunteers will thrive in this role.
Executes the local video directing for weekend and student ministry services, and events under the direction of the Broadcast Manager. Manages the maintenance of all video systems at their campus. Partners with the Broadcast Manager to develop and manage production volunteers to execute weekend and student ministry services, and events. Reports to Campus Production Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct live video elements for weekend services, student ministries, and events in a way that inspires people to engage with Jesus
• Align with the vision as lead and directed by the Brand Experience Team
• Collaborate with campus production staff around the preparation and planning process for live video elements relating to any services or event at assigned campus
• Recruit, train, and coach volunteer production teams which include: Camera, Shader, Systems Tech, Switcher, Director in conjunction with the Broadcast Manager
• Oversee volunteer schedules, recruitment, and development in conjunction with the Broadcast Manager
• Attend collaborative planning meetings with campus staff to prepare for weekend services
• Assist with engineering and installation of new equipment at assigned Eagle Brook Church facility and help at other facilities when needed
• Perform and manage maintenance schedule for all video equipment
• Partner with the Central Production Team on any technical needs or equipment purchases
• Other duties as assigned
• Education: Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (typically 4years)
• Understand and troubleshoot an HD/SD-SDI broadcast based video system required
• Knowledge of live production, which includes video, audio, lighting, multimedia, music, and staging
• 2+ years of experience with technical equipment preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
• Knowledge and ability to operate technical gear including video switcher, camera, recording gear, and digital video equipment
• Experience leading and supervising video team-staff and volunteers
• Strong team building and leadership skills
• Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines in a project-based environment
Generally, Wednesday - Sunday. Must be available Wednesday nights for student ministries, Thursday evenings for rehearsals, and occasional evenings for events. Expected to work 45+ weekends/year.
Classification: Non-Exempt; Hourly // Status: Full-Time // Team: Campus Production