Graphic Designer I
- # of Openings
- Department Category
- Client Services
Ivie & Associates is a full-service marketing solutions company that works with many of the world’s top customer service organizations. In short, we know marketing and advertising, and we’re comfortable remaining behind the scenes, working hand-in-hand with our clients with a can-do attitude to help them achieve their marketing goals. Acting as an extension of the client, we define our successes by their success, and we measure our accomplishments by their satisfaction. When you work with Ivie & Associates, you work with some of the biggest retailers in the U.S. and the world.
Job Description and Overview
The Graphic Designer l is expected to possess an aptitude for production/design, an awareness of the Company’s production/design capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to Graphic Arts, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Graphic Designer I must have the experience/ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill his/her role.
Ivie & Associates expects that the Graphic Designer l will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Ivie & Associates, and will contribute his or her utmost to assist Ivie & Associates in achieving its stated goals. Ivie & Associates, Inc. expects that all employees, including the Graphic Designer I, to fully support Ivie’s position/relationship with its Clients
The primary role of the Graphic Designer I:
- Demonstrate the ability to take creative direction from a Sr. Designer, Art Director or Creative Director.
- Be directed to deliver creative elements based on specific direction by the team’s leadership or Project Coordinators.
- Execute, design and propose creative elements for printed and electronic materials including flyers, catalogs, brochures and editable electronic documents (PDF, Web, Interactive).
- Create layout comps, rough concepts for themed material for consideration as requested
- Attend project meetings, will ideate with the team and will provide creative materials and ideas
- Electronically build, create and assemble various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications. This includes, but not limited to data entry and type setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification. This includes sketching and illustration
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare/edit digital assets using scanners and or digital cameras
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Knowledge of POS and store signage
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, digital output. Preflight and packaging of files necessary.
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
Education & Experience
- 4-year college education or equivalent in graphic design
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- 2 plus years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Artist
- Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
- Accuracy in page building
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, digital output. Preflight and packaging of files necessary. Familiarity with prepress troubleshooting software
- General advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Knowledge of the web, internet, and ftp technology
- Knowledge of POS and store signage
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of visual design process and visual design principles
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
System Skills Required
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use:
- MAC Based hardware/software systems
- Understanding of presentation materials (hard and soft (i.e. Powerpoint/Keynote), light production for mock-ups, etc.
- Standard Graphic Design Software: CS, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Font Management Systems, Microsoft Office, familiarity with Digital/Social Production (authoring solutions/HTML/Flash).
- Travel is required as specified by supervisor
- Temporary assignments (out-of-town)