The Digital Content Specialist works within the Marketing and Communication team and is skilled in the production of digital content across multiple platforms. The specialist is a key contributor to the university website, social media, and other digital communications. This position collaborates with Marketing and Communication staff to create compelling content that conveys the Saint Mary’s brand. The specialist will be a creative story-teller using video, photography, and other digital mediums to communicate with various audiences.
This position is located on our Winona Campus and is expected to travel to our Twin Cities Campus and other locations periodically.
- Demonstrate and maintain extensive understanding of all aspects of photography, videography, and video production.
- Plan, shoot, edit, and distribute photos and videos for a variety of projects university-wide to achieve positive outcomes.
- Use creative eye and technical expertise to tell a variety of stories through photos and video including capturing original content on location and in the field at university events, in classrooms, in businesses, and elsewhere.
- Able to quickly sift through new and previously captured photos, video and b-roll to tell the story of Saint Mary’s people and places in a timely manner.
- Understand and keep abreast of the many digital communication platforms in order to advise on and execute video and audio storytelling to reach our various audiences where they are (web and social media).
- Able to interpret the Saint Mary’s distinctive brand and adhere to and communicate brand standards and identity guidelines to ensure high quality and consistent visuals and messages exist across various mediums.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative, and professional work environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience and knowledge of videography, photography, and audio techniques and tools for effective and compelling storytelling combining imagery, sounds, and words.
- Demonstrate creativity in capturing, telling, and distributing stories digitally.
- Have working knowledge of a variety of computer hardware and software programs for videography and photography, for distribution and audience analysis, as well as tools for communication and reporting.
- Be able to set and prioritize goals and achieve them on schedule and within budget.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills and analytical, plus creative, approach to problem solving.
- Have a desire to learn, willingness to perform tasks, take on complex challenges, and manage processes and people.
- Have the ability and willingness to work with a Marketing and Communication team to achieve their best.
- Demonstrate creativity and proficiency working in marketing with proven successful return-on-investment results.
- Be flexible to adapt to change and remain calm under pressure.
- Have a strong understanding of marketing and branding and the ability to articulate and execute creative that produces return on investment in the areas of lead generation for enrollment and fundraising.
- Be able to travel from Winona-based office to other university locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (marketing, communication, art, technology).
- Experience working with videography, shooting, editing, and distribution—1-3 years.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of professional video, photography, and audio equipment, Mac and PC computer hardware and software programs for videography and photography, including Creative Suite, iCloud, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, and PhotoShop. Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, and Gmail, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Experience with and knowledge of a variety of social media tools and platforms, such as YouTube, Google, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram, LinkedIn, and podcasts, and willingness to keep abreast of technology trends.
- Preferred additional experience: Experience with marketing analysis and ecommunication strategies.
All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Apply online at www.smumn.edu/jobs and include a letter of application, resume, three professional references, three examples each of photography and video projects.
Job Type: Full-time