Production Assistant FT
Full Time, Hourly
- High school diploma required
- Four year degree in communications/related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and work under tight timelines
- Knowledge of broadcast production equipment, techniques and language
This position is responsible for all of the studio production elements for our live and recorded shows for two television stations. Day to day duties include:
- Partner with peers, on-air talent, producers, directors, managers, and members of the public to help ensure a professional TV newscast/show is produced.
- Operate computerized teleprompter. Make real time adjustments to match the speed of the on-air talent speech.
- Operate television studio cameras by physically moving camera and operating controls.
- Operate remote cameras by lifting, moving, and operating controls.
- Communicate clearly and quickly using verbal and non-verbal cues to on-air talent.
- Assist in preparation of scripts and materials for productions.
- Set-up and tear down of set materials: building, lifting, climbing ladders, arranging, lighting, and cabling.
- Maintain studio as well as studio equipment.
- May work on location from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in areas that can be noisy, has many distractions, and on occasion be in various outdoor weather conditions (heat and cold).
- Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and studio equipment including Teleprompters.
- Must physically be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, push or pull equipment, climb ladders, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Company will make reasonable accommodations to help perform essential job functions.