Job Title: Marketing Associate
Reports to: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary/Objective: This individual will support the Marketing department in day-to-day functions, event planning, and game night planning and execution. Responsibilities include administrative tasks, planning and scheduling of game night events staff, and representing MN Timberwolves and Lynx as an event lead at external events, including all home games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Assist in execution of single game promotions and theme nights.
2. Assist with external event planning and implementation.
3. Assist with departmental administrative duties
4. Lead set-up and staffing of marketing booths and displays on game nights and for all external events.
5. Assist manager with scheduling Assistants for game nights and events.
6. Research new concepts for promotions, advertising campaigns, and events
7. Remain knowledgeable on industry trends and best practices
8. Compile, enter, and organize data for contest participant registration
9. Coordinate and maintain all internal merchandise inventory
10. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
3. Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
4. Ability to work well on a team and independently.
5. Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
6. Legal ability to operate a vehicle is necessary (valid Driver's License is required).
Experience: Previous marketing or event planning assistance is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Understanding of marketing functions and event marketing responsibilities in college, minor league or professional sports preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates during office hours, Timberwolves/Lynx external events, and during Timberwolves/Lynx home games. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The position operates out of an administrative office and a sports arena. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. The noise level is loud during events. During events work is generally performed on the main court, around the concourse and bleachers/steps, as well as in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. The employee may remain in stationary position for periods of time and is frequently required to ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse quickly around the arena on event days and potentially non-event days. Staff will frequently move boxes and equipment each game night weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position will require some travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.