On-Air Promotions/Programming Assistant( FNG0007429)
FOX Sports North is searching for an On-Air Promotions/Programming Coordinator to join their team in Minneapolis. The position is responsible for the execution of on-air presentation and promotional plans. Duties include coordinating and managing placement of promotional material. This position is also responsible for providing support for the Director of Programming in gathering, coordinating and disseminating programming information – both internally and externally. This position has a dual reporting structure: to the Director of Marketing/On-Air Presentation and the Director of Programming at FOX Sports North/Wisconsin and is located in Minneapolis, MN.
- Oversees promo scheduling for on-air logs according to regional and national priorities, this includes log input and revisions, providing contingency reports, etc.
- Works closely with traffic to ensure all open time is filled and checks promo placement before log is finalized - executes all necessary log updates due to inventory changes
- Monitors regional air time to ensure promotional plans are being executed correctly - updates the master promo list and distributes promo grids
- Follows-up on discrepancies with Master Control, Traffic, etc. and supplies answers to relevant parties
- Provides cross-channel reporting reports and ensures final reporting
- Enters daily programming schedules into Nielsen system for proper ratings credit
- Creates and distributes weekly rain fill contingencies for baseball games, etc.
- Manages third party program suppliers’ compliance with music cue sheets submission to national Music/Legal Dept.
- Monitors closed captioning compliance and scheduling with third party suppliers and vendors
- Generates program ratings reports and summaries as requested
- Executes program schedule change memos and revised schedule distribution when needed - attends weekly programming contingency meetings as well as participate in national programming contingency conference calls
- Serves as backup to front reception desk and OAP/Marketing/Communications Coordinator during absences
- College degree preferred
- Wide Orbit experience preferred
- TV/Radio traffic or programming experience preferred
- Strong written/oral communications required
- Experience with PC/Microsoft required
- Must be detailed oriented and organized individual with strong communication skills
- Must be self starter and highly motivated
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1, FS2; FOX Sports Regional Networks, their affiliated regional web sites and national programming; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX’s interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as a licensing agreement that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.