Responsible for navigating social media channels for brand social media development, communication, and reporting to enhance social media presence and increase awareness of our brands. Act as key social media contact for internal staff, media partners and franchisees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support Marketing and Franchise Development’s digital needs by ensuring day to day activities of select media channels are updated and managed. Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn; seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Monitor overall social media listening for brands, staying on top of consumer feedback and effectiveness of programs by creating alerts and using other social tools (Google, Facebook, Hootsuite). Drive daily engagement and respond to comments and inquiries in a clear, concise, and as a professional representation of the brand.
- Create and manage content calendars; scheduling engaging content, relevant articles, brand messaging, events and promotions. Source curated content and work with Marketing Managers to ensure content coordinates with initiatives and promotions.
- Monitor social media tools and industry trends and best practices, creating and implementing engagement tactics such as contests, dialogue, and other engagement techniques.
- Create, analyze and distribute monthly reporting to Marketing Manager and brand staff identifying analytics, trends, key performance indicators of customer behavior.
- Act as key point of contact and resource for vendors such as Hootsuite, educating staff on the platform, new tools, tips, and reporting capabilities. Provide training and assistance to franchisees and internal staff with social media tools. Act as gatekeeper to add, remove and update user accounts. Assess success of programs and use by gathering reports and analytics. Suggest ways to integrate this platform into other Marketing areas.
- Respond to franchisee emails and calls as pertains to areas of responsibility.
- Involvement in other responsibilities or projects as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4-year degree or comparable experience, with 1 – 3 years previous marketing, social media management, creative, advertising or similar experience. Hands on experience using social media platforms in a business setting including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required along with a high degree of professionalism, tact and diplomacy, including patience and ability to listen.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail being of crucial importance. Must be flexible and able to work in a self-directed rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency in Windows Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Some travel required may be required (conferences or other events).
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year