Audio Acoustics has an immediate opening for an AV Technician who will serve customers by performing field installation and/or service on commercial communication systems and/or sound systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Installation of audio, video, intercom, paging, and drive-thru systems as well as security cameras and recording devices
- Train customer on use of systems
- Service and troubleshoot all systems installed
- Cable pulling and terminations
- Document service and installation actions by completing necessary records broken down by job– including time sheets, receipts, completed work orders with all necessary information for billing, and job progress.
- Gather equipment on job stacks for install
- Turn in and relay info for “as builts” drawings
- Troubleshoot and initiate returns or repairs of defective installation equipment and entering necessary information on warehouse computer
- Collections of past due accounts and removal of equipment for nonpayment
- Perform site surveys and attend job/construction progress meetings
- Maintain and clean trucks according to policy, log vehicle mileage on gas purchases
- Maintain 3rd party vendor management system requirements as applicable
- Serve on-call rotation schedule
- Work safely - maintain a safe work environment for all coworkers and others per OSHA standards.
- Keep a clean organized job site
- Stay up to date on personal development training and certifications as required by types of work being performed
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned.
When assigned as Lead Technician on a job the following duties are also assigned
- Work closely with customers and other contractors. Coordinate with trades to facilitate work schedules
- Field project supervision and support during system installation, and system programming
- Manage technician times on the job
- Manage project materials
- Complete necessary paperwork to document any changes to the project drawings and maintaining the project paperwork.
- Two years associate degree in electronics or equivalent technical experience
- Read and interpret complex blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, specifications, and operational/product manuals
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, including test equipment and lifts
- Strong computer skills and be able to learn how to program manufacturer software
- Excellent time management and trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of IT and DSP programming
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Background in or basic understanding of computer networks
- CCTV, telephone and /or nurse call experience is a plus
- Knowledge of room acoustics and sound theory
- Good customer-relations and project management skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Proficient with Windows applications and Microsoft Office
- Presents a professional image of the company
- CTS certified, or finishing obtaining within first 3 years of hire
- Other manufacture certifications desired 3M, HME, Rauland, BiAmp
- Must possess a valid Class E driver’s license that is acceptable under the terms of our insurance provider
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: