Produce and act as an on-air reporter for local and regional sports programing for Midco Sports Network and their affiliates.
- Produce local and regional sports content. This includes Tape Delay, Original Programing, Studio Shows and Live Sports Production.
- Proficient in operating video cameras, editing equipment, lighting, audio techniques and related software. Adobe Premiere, Avid or equivalent.
- Represent Midco Sports Network on air as a Sports Personality, by reporting for Original Programing, Studio Shows, Remote Live Broadcasts and Tape Delay Games.
- Appear in promotional spots and in-person at local events to promote Midco Sports Network.
- Cultivate relationships with colleges and universities, high schools, leagues, conferences, sponsors and other various organizations throughout the coverage area to maximize content acquisition opportunities.
- Assist with acquisition, planning and development of Live, Tape Delay and Original Programing for Midco Sports Network.
- Write professional and effective stories for on-air and web.
- Build and maintain strong credibility based on trust and mutual respect with viewers, team representatives, conference officials, co-workers and the community.
- Understand department workflow on projects.
- Provide story ideas during meetings, with the ability to follow up and provide updates on ideas.
- Participate in the creative process of developing promotional and advertising elements for the network.
- Comply with operating procedures directed by Management and Engineering.
- Track and monitor problems on the Network.
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to create and foster a harmonious relationship with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, television production or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in sports, news, advertising, television or related field required.
- On-air reporting experience preferred.
- Experience in the development of short or long form features preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Employee will be working at live sporting events.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)