Associate Producer (Digital Video)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Associate Producer contributes to and supports the creative development and production of video elements. This role is specifically tasked with staying abreast of, and appropriately using, technology, data and social media to drive content and creativity.
- Produces features, teases, montages, segments and other elements for a wide variety of platforms
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas for individual assignments and for broader use.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel across all platforms and talent to ensure material reaches fans efficiently and accurately.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing data gathering tools and editing/graphics creation.
- May produce high end edit sessions for complex video elements
- Pushes the envelope creatively and demonstrates strong story-telling ability
- Researches sports information and utilizes information resources in support of content creation and to ensure accuracy.
- Actively maximizes cross-platform potential of all content
- Produces ENG field shoots including but not limited to interviews, art direction and specialty shoots. Also has the ability to shoot/edit.
- Demonstrates and applies basic mastery of most operating processes of the Universal Video Department.
- Has and applies considerable experience in the conduct of several complex processes and procedures carried out in content production
- Has strong broadly based knowledge of current and historical sports
- Has and applies strong knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for teases, features, analysis clips, specialty elements
- Has and applies strong knowledge of animation elements and technological and social media advances – including animation, video editing and graphics
- Has strong writing skills
- May travel to news gathering sites; availability to work nights/weekends/holidays.
- A minimum of 2 years of television production experience.
- After Effects/Premiere experience
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcasting, communications, journalism, or closely related field.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.