Event Crew Coordinator
Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
Our Event Crew program is made up of temporary workers that volunteer to work on our shows and are then hired to provide customer service, manage lines, help out with our stages, sell merchandise, answer questions and provide general help for fans in any area needed for the duration of a show. Depending on the size of the show, our Event Crew program could include anywhere from 150 people to over 400 people. You will build and recruit an army of passionate people who are committed to delivering an incredible experience for every fan that comes to one of our shows! The majority of the people in the Event Crew program are fans as well and they are always excited to share their passion and excitement for pop culture with other fans at our shows. This role is responsible for ensuring that the Event Crew program properly serves our customers, delivers world class service, represents our brands well and provides a fun, rewarding experience for each Crew member. Our Event Crew Coordinator needs to be a true leader, an ambassador of good will, a builder of relationships and a person that will set an example that others will follow. This is your opportunity to create a special community of individuals that are vital to the success of our shows, excited to share their love of pop culture and want to deliver incredible experiences for our fans. What could be cooler than that?
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Responsible for the day to day management of all domestic ReedPOP Crew programs
• Advise, guide and support international ReedPOP Crew programs
• Work directly with the Event Director, Event Managers and individual show teams to determine all Crew needs and assignments for each show
• Develop and manage the overall Crew budget for each show and maximize the amount of Crew used to support each event
• Work directly with outside contractors to manage all of the logistics and execution of the programs
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, sales, operations and talent/content
• Create, manage and maintain Facebook pages dedicated to the Crews for all ReedPOP shows
• You are expected to build an actively engaged community that will help us deliver a world class experience at our shows.
• Be a leader, build rapport with all Crew members, actively engage them all year long. Schedule training sessions for all shows, educate them on the ReedPOP Manifesto and make them feel that they are a valued part of the ReedPOP team throughout the course of the year, not just around show time.
• Schedule various meet ups throughout the year for Crew Members in order to build a sense of community, support and engagement with the ReedPOP team and other Crew Members
• Manage all aspects of the onsite execution of the Crew program. This will include check in/check out, scheduling, special requests and the management of any issues that may arise
• Relationship management, customer service, attention to detail and follow up are vital components of this role
• You will need to have a true passion for delivering exceptional customer service, dealing with people and managing their personalities
• You should have a solution based mindset and always be able to think on your feet, provide actionable feedback, utilize the resources at your disposal, find creative solutions to solve problems and always keep your sense of humor
• BA/BS degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
• 1-2 years of experience in event management, volunteer management or a related field
• Ability to act in a professional and accommodating manner at all times
• Must function well under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Must be available to work some evenings and weekends throughout the year
• Must be able to work across multiple events simultaneously and anticipate the needs of staff, talent and exhibitors
• Experience managing budgets and people
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.