Location: Washington, D.C.
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Producer will be responsible for all aspects involved in producing Breitbart News Daily on Sirius XM Patriot including studio/technical operations, production, guest booking, and research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with host, and senior members of the programming team to generate interesting show topics and guests that will create lively dialogue that engages the interests of the audience.
- Follow format and provide host with feedback.
- Oversee the social media presence for the show.
- Plan segments, topics and develop editorial calendar for the show.
- Book studio and telephone interviews, conduct pre-interviews with guests and prepare pre materials for host.
- Identify newsworthy audio clips to share on social media.
- Flexibility to reprioritize show content in the current News / Political Cycles.
- Promote the show, the channel and the company positively on and off the air to maximize the growth of subscribers and listeners.
- Contribute specials and event coverage in addition to regular daily show, and participate in breaking news coverage.
- Meet with the VP of the channel on a weekly basis to review and establish on-going goals for the channel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous production experience within radio and/or live studio environment preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong experience in current events and politics.
- An understanding of what the Patriot brand means.
- Skillful at working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work morning-show hours.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Solid production skills with a strong working knowledge of audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution.
- Knowledge of Prophet and or Dalet a plus.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.