Georgetown Post - Washington, DC 20007
The audio assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to provide support with our recording, mixing, and sound design services. The position is demanding, but also rewarding. You will work in an exciting environment that will affect dozens of political races. Our staff is small, but often we wear many hats and have responsibilities in all phases of production.
An interest in learning, and general intellectual curiosity is mandatory. You will have plenty of opportunity to grow professionally, but we require self-starters who ask questions and are not satisfied until they get the answers they need.
As political season becomes intense, (August – November 2018), we also ask that all employees make themselves available to what will be a record-breaking election this fall. Applicants must be based in the Washington DC region and be available evenings or weekends.
All applications require a cover letter outlining your interest in our company and why you think you would be a good fit here.
Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Assist with recording, both in studio, and with remote ISDN.
2. Help with music search and selection.
3. Assist with commercial spot transmission
4. Finalizing commercials for web and broadcast, including applying closed captioning.
5. On a supervised basis, working with the mixer, creating sub mixes.
6. Be available in general post production operation.
Qualifications and Skills
2 years’ experience post production mixing
Experience in working in a post production environment
Interest or experience in database management
Full benefits including Health, Dental, and 401 K are available.
Job Type: Full-time