Celebro Media are a broadcast consultancy with 4K TV studios in London, Washington and Los Angeles. Celebro provide clients with innovative high-quality services, to allow media content to be reach the broadest possible audience and achieve maximum target audience. Celebro provide consulting on IPTV, broadcast strategy, commercialisation, editorial, technical services, public relations, research and access to transmission networks with a diverse catalogue of media content. Celebro are flexible, experienced and ready to help across a range of broadcast platforms. Major clients include BBC World Service, MTV, and Reuters. Celebro are currently looking to hire a Sound Operator to join the team in Washington DC who will be responsible for maintaining technical studio operations
General tasks and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Studio Production team and ensuring the appropriate actions to produce the sound
- Responsible to assess the acoustics of the performance area and assembling and operating the necessary equipment
- Consulting with producers and performers to determine the sound requirements
- Responsible for selecting, positioning, adjusting and operating the equipment used for amplification and recording
- Applying technical knowledge of sound recording equipment to achieve determined artistic objectives
- Accountable for monitoring audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions
- Anticipating and correcting any problems;
- Maintaining and repairing sound equipment.
- Integrating (synchronisation) of pre-recorded audio (dialogue, sound effects and music) with visual content
- Re-recording and synchronising audio (post-synching);
- Mixing and balancing speech, effects and music
- Creating and altering sound effects for use in films, television, etc.
- Responsible to perform under pressure in a Live news environment
- Installing and testing new facilities and equipment
- Setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites
- Analysing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems
- Minimising loss of service when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision
- Setting up and operating equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
- Designing and installing custom audiovisual circuits
- Designing and manufacturing hardware and systems
- Communicating effectively with members of the team and other colleagues
Competencies/ Previous experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience required
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience of working within a Customer Facing role, superb interpersonal skills are a must in order to maintain high levels of communication with third parties.
- Self-Motivated approach
- Exceptional at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive and results-focused approach to work
- Good knowledge on physics of sound, technical aptitude and good aural skills
- The ability to think ahead, spot trends and predict what they will need to add next
- Ability to perform under pressure in a Live news environment
- Knowing how to operate Riedel communications.
- Dante certification level 3.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary