Audio Visual Intern
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
Serves as primary support for Audio Visual needs for CSIS events. Supports public events at the CSIS conference facility. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems with AV systems. Responds to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support on events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides onsite meeting support during public events
- Answers requests for assistance for events
- Provides guidance to CSIS staff on room capabilities and best practices for AV
- Maintains AV equipment in room coordinating maintenance and repairs as necessary
- Works with help desk support specialists for other IT/AV related items for meetings.
- Assists in even planning and meeting setup
- Maintains AV inventory
- Prepares instructions for training staff on AV
- Works on special projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical or Associate’s degree in computer science, audio visual or related program preferred.
- Internship or 1 year help desk experience is acceptable.
- Must be computer literate, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web-based research tools. HTML is a plus.
- Must be extremely customer-service oriented.
- Strong communication skills are emphasized.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and meet the demands of a complex work environment.
- Team work is emphasized.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and college transcript at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com.
- Job Location
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Position Type