We currently have part-time and full-time positions available for Board Operators at WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
• Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings, raise and lower power and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
• Able to read and follow program log, play programs, spots and station identification’s for multiple stations.
• Ability to perform commercial and show production.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Prior experience in running an audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station necessary.
• Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
• Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
• Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
• Experience working with broadcast automation systems.
• Able to work regular weekend and/or overnight shifts.
• Must have legal right to work in the United States.
• Ability to interact and work well with other staff.
• Must be dependable and able to work and problem-solve independently.
• Must be able to pay attention to details and be organized.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Upload your resume when applying online
Positions will remain open until filled. The Salem Media Group (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No relocation offered.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well