Date posted 10/05/2017Requisition Number: 204669BRLocation: United States - Kentucky - LouisvilleArea of Interest: Cable Television Production, Engineering/Technical Operations, Network Television Production, News, Television/ProgrammingPosition Type: Full Time
Responsible for the execution of On-Air Transmission(s) and Technical Quality of incoming and outgoing programming. Operate all aspects of Master Control and Audio Operations in a 24 hour news environment for multiple markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In Production Control (PCR):
• Mix all Audio sources needed (mics, vo, sots, pkgs, music, etc.).
• Quality Check all Mic and IFB signal prior to live/recorded production.
• Set up Studio Sets, prepare all audio needs for talent and guests.
• Places all cameras in position for production needs.
• Operate Telemetrics Camera Control Panel.
• Recall teleprompter scripts and operate if needed.
• Relieve Master Control Operator.
• Assist Technical Director/Producers in reviewing live/records to meet on-air standards..
In Master Control (MCR):
• Operate Master Control switcher and all control room devices and integrated systems for multiple markets.
• Ensure proper execution of master control tasks including on-air automation for news wheel(s) and commercial playback, along with switching to air, live elements such as traffic or weather reports and breaking news instances.
• Providing accurate counts and cues to Traffic, Weather Talent and Control Room producer/directors for on-air reports.
• Consistent quality check of transmission and return of on-air product.
• Prepare and complete Discrepancy reports when problems occur.
• Record product air checks for backup needs and archive purposes.
• Cross-Train with Media Manager and Ingest team.
• Notify supervisors and support staff when news channel is experiencing technical difficulties.
• Must use KRONOS Timekeeper for your timecard and signoff.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum college degree or technical school training preferred.
- 1-3 years television master control or production experience preferred, preferably in a news environment.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules as well as overtime when called for by operational need.
- Experience with computerized automation and news systems preferred.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 00905 - Louisville 10168 Linn Station Business Unit: Spectrum Networks