Serves as technical advisor for events and activities staged in the auditorium. Works extensively with the instructional staff, students and community groups in the planning, staging and execution of auditorium-theatre productions; trains technical crews (students, community representatives) in set construction, props location, lighting, hook-up of audio and video projection equipment, arrangements of special effects, etc.; assists in coordinating events of floor production during rehearsals and live presentations; draws up and enforces operational safety and security standards with regard to proper usage of the auditorium facility. Employees in this class will be called upon to occasionally work evening hours during activities taking place in the auditorium complex.
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2017
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Receives production requirements for lighting, sound and stage rigging from instructional staff or community users of the auditorium theatre facility;
- During pre-production rehearsals, sets up and/or trains students or community groups in the set up of stage crafts for the live presentation;
- During live presentations, supervises the operation of lighting, sound stage rigging systems by technical crews;
- May assist in the school television studio as required;
- Enforces safety and security policies at all times; may be the most senior school employee present during after hour usage of auditorium theatre complex; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.