Job descriptionPSAV is a top international provider of professional event technology services, and stands on a 75-year record of success and growth. We strive to deliver flawless execution with a hospitality approach, for all event technology services. Our mission is to turn ordinary meetings into extraordinary events.Technical Specialist Position OverviewResponsible for the set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems with a focus on audio, video, computer, lighting, or rigging for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction.Key Job ResponsibilitiesEquipment OperationEnsures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.Customer ServiceProvides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication. Provides estimation of labor costs. Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.Training/Staff DevelopmentCreates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees. Coordinates on-the-job training for technicians and lead technicians to develop technical skills in specialty areas.Event SupervisionPerforms advanced work with Project Managers. Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.Equipment MaintenanceAssists team with proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment. Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.Required Skills
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of field experience in specialty area is preferred.
- 3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
- Experience with project management of multiple tasks/initiatives.
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.