This position will split their time between warehouse duties taking care of the audio/video equipment and going out on productions.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Thoroughly test in equipment returning from rentals to the AV department, including, Audio consoles, Amp racks, wireless microphone packages, video switchers, plasma TVs, projectors, cameras.
- Prep gear from the audio/video department going out for rental or production. Pull gear for orders, label cases and fixtures and address fixtures if necessary, generate paperwork for fixture preps if necessary (Word/Excel documents). Label spare fixtures and label where accessories and spares are located in the order.. Prep gear from the AV department going out for rental or production. Pull gear for orders, label cases and equipment and if necessary, generate paperwork for equipment preps if necessary (Word/Excel documents). Patch consoles and label snakes and amp racks if required for the order. Patch and test all amp racks, FX racks, and video racks prior to leaving building on rental or production.
- Service Duties: Test fixtures, controllers, consoles, amplifiers, speakers and other related gear for the service department once the service technicians have completed repairs to ensure quality control of service fixes. Perform light repair work as necessary. Perform occasional pickups/returns for service gear as necessary, and provide occasional on-site service/training as necessary.
- Work on- site as a production technician installing/implementing designs during setup, show and strike. Operate equipment and work with, and sometimes supervise, production crews including in-house and/or local labor. Ensure that the production schedule proceeds in an efficient and safe manner.
- Strong knowledge of audio, video equipment required.
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs. Position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time as well as working with heights and in confined spaces.
- Active driver’s license and good driving record required. Personal vehicle may be required for travel to meetings, site visits and transportation to and from shows.
Starlite is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time