AUDIO VISUAL SPECIALIST
The World Economic Forum LLC is committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry, government and civil society leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Based in New York and San Francisco, the World Economic Forum LLC is impartial and not tied to any political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American subsidiary of the World Economic Forum, the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
The Audio Visual Specialist will provide Forum staff and constituents with reliable communications. This includes being responsible for audio visual reinforcement, video conferencing and multi-media production, scheduling and monitoring. He/She will also provide assistance to other offices needing audio visual expertise as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Schedule, monitor and maintain video conferences via the Vidyo conferencing platform
- Moderate high-capacity webinars and video conferences to ensure there are no platform or infrastructure-related issues
- Own and maintain the Vidyo admin page and equipment remotely to ensure that units are fully functional and active; assist with remote troubleshooting or reconnections
- Liaise with the office Reception and Hospitality/Events teams to ensure the meeting room(s) and equipment are available and booked following procedures
- Collaborate with Geneva IT support for setting up, testing and executing high-profile online virtual meetings
- Assist and instruct staff members regarding proper usage of AV equipment
- Provide first-level support to staff members and visitors to the office
- Ensure that all global inventory equipment and information are updated on a regular basis
- Resolve system problems, escalating according to predefined guidelines, and offer viable solutions to solve system failures
Qualifications and skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience with video conferencing/VOIP usage and operator support; experience with Vidyo preferred, but not required
- Proficient in setting up media servers for distribution, real time, on-demand and archiving
- Able to operate webcasts, web meetings and webinars, and familiar with digital audio transport platforms such as AVB and Dante, VLAN, VPN and QOS protocols; CISCO CIVND certification preferred
- Experience with Crestron & Extron switchers, touch panels, basic AV troubleshooting and maintenance required
- Solid understanding of E.164/H.323/H.320 & SIP protocols
- Knowledge of toolsets such as NetScout and Wireshark, with IP cameras, IP encoders and decoders
- Experience with implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting streaming media systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel; knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows 7 is ideal
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing, and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to think and work independently and meet deadlines
If you meet these requirements, please go to the Careers page of the Forum’s website at https://www.weforum.org/about/careers and click on “New York Job Openings”.